[PiN-diskusjon] [fcf_discussion] Announcing ORGCon 24 March 2012, featuring Lawrence Lessig (fwd)

Thomas Gramstad thomas at ifi.uio.no
Tir 6. Mar 2012 22:06:51 CET

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 20:23:45 +0000
From: Jim Killock <jim at openrightsgroup.org>
Subject: [fcf_discussion] Announcing ORGCon 24 March 2012,
    featuring Lawrence Lessig

--Apple-Mail=_2181BD44-07EE-403E-A27E-1A64B44F2A7C

Hi all,

If any of you are around in the UK you'd be very welcome at out Conference =
this month!

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/orgcon-2012

OVER 400 Digital rights activists will gather in London on Saturday 24 Marc=
h 2012 to hear some of the greatest minds thinking about privacy, copyright=
, free speech and democracy.

Billed as "ORGCon 2012: Power on Democracy", the event will examine some of=
 the biggest privacy and free speech threats facing the UK today, and ask h=
ow we can use technology to support our democratic rights in the face of th=
ese threats.

http://www.openrightsgroup.org/orgcon-2012

Lawrence Lessig, author and former US advisor to Obama's administration wil=
l deliver a keynote: "Recognizing the fight we're in: A plea for some reali=
sm about IP activism"

Cory Doctorow, the sci-fi author and digital activist, will deliver a keyno=
te on the Coming War against general purpose computing

Wendy Seltzer, the founder of Chilling Effects, will tell us how we won aga=
inst SOPA

Ross Anderson will debunk the myth that government-held personal data like =
health records is easily and safely anonymised

Sessions include talks on extradition (Graham Smith), the new government sn=
ooping proposals (Privacy International) and cookies and tracking (Tom Lowe=
nthal of Mozilla) and data protection (Lilian Edwards).

Jim Killock=20
Executive Director
Open Rights Group
+44 (0) 7894 498 127